It is understandable that first kisses, whether it be your very first kiss or a first kiss with someone, makes you anxious and nervous. After all, there are so many different ways to kiss, so many different types of kisses, and everybody has a different kissing style. I inform my readers to just relax and go with the flow, but that is sometimes easier said than done. After all, the unknown is always scary, right?
I usually discuss how to kiss on my site Sheila’s Kissing Booth. How to use your tongue, which way to move your mouth, etc. Today, I’m going to discuss what NOT to do during a kiss. Whether it be your first kiss or you’ve done it before, these are guidelines to live by when it comes to a memorable kiss.
- Don’t eat garlic, onions, curry, or any other food or condiment that will overpower your breath. Even a breath mint won’t help you there.
- Make sure you use deodorant. And don’t go heavy on the cologne or perfume. You are going to be close to this person so you don’t want to leave a lasting impression of your body odor.
- Don’t wear lipstick or freshly applied lipstick. Nothing worse than leaving a colored smear on and around your guy’s mouth. Not to mention it will smudge all over yours.
- Don’t jam your tongue down their throat. A little tongue is fine. Too much is choking.
- Don’t move your tongue really fast inside their mouth. Be playful with your tongue. Move it slowly.
- Don’t have a mouthful of spit in your mouth. Swallow just before the kiss and even during the kiss. Nothing worse than slobber.
- Don’t chew gum or have a mint in your mouth.
- Don’t smoke before the kiss.
- Don’t hold your breath. Breathe during the kiss.
- Don’t grope.
- Don’t bite. Some people have sensitive lips and tongue.
- Don’t tighten your lips. Keep them relaxed.
- Don’t move too fast. Keep it nice and slow.
Most of these are common sense tips. Some aren’t. You want to make the kiss memorable so keep the above list in mind and you’ll knock them dead with a fabulous kiss.